Halloween treats not good for your pets – veterinarian in Tampa FL

By October 18, 2013 January 16th, 2017 Blog, Uncategorized

It’s that time of year when our pets are exposed to the yummy treats from Halloween.  Our veterinarians in Tampa see many cases of accidental eating of these goodies by our furry friends.  Chocolate is by far the biggest thing that they get into. If your pet gets into the treat bag, contact your veterinarian immediately for advice on what should be done next.  Chocolate toxicity can be a serious problem for your pets so call as soon as you can.

Other candies can also cause issues so keeping the trick or treat bag out of their reach is important.  Many cases a year are seen by our veterinarians in Tampa due to the fact that our pets are incredibly capable of getting themselves into trouble.  Be creative and hide the candy stash very well to keep your dog from taking a trip to the animal hospital on Halloween night.

Have a safe and fun Halloween!

If you have any questions about this or any other veterinary related questions, please contact our veterinarian in Tampa at 813-289-3925 or [email protected]

Leave a Reply